Day 9 Ephesians 5:1-20
Too hot- too cold. In my new house I have a gas stovetop. Any chef will tell you that temperature is the key to cooking. Before moving here, My children had never seen me cook with a “real fire” and every time I cook they are a little concerned when they see the fire coming up under the pot. My tendency is to want to turn the fire down and reassure them that everything is alright, however I need to teach my children to trust the cook, follow the recipe and keep the fire going at the perfect temp for the dish. I am not the perfect chef and sometimes I burn the food but I love knowing We have a God who will never burn us. In our walk with God, sometimes we find ourselves living a lukewarm life for Christ. I think this is because we as children get too concerned with the temperature of our fire, being perfect in our own eyes and when we fail because it’s too hard, we tend to give up and do nothing at all. Living on fire for God does not mean perfection. We go through seasons in our walk with God, we don’t need to worry about the fire… Our job is trusting the creator, following the bible’s instructions letting God set the temperature in our lives.
What is going on in our hearts (aka: the conversation in your mind) is what determines the temperature of our walk with God.
OCCUPY YOUR MIND: It’s your choice what goes on in there. lol – It helps to live a lifestyle of worship! You can change your pattern of thinking just by Choosing to replace wrong thoughts with the word of God by “singing psalms and spiritual songs – making music to the Lord in your hearts”. And give thanks to God for everything.
Worship + thanks =a heart that pleases God.
Deep thought alert: We come to God who is our loving Father, who will always take care of us because we come in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, who took our place and our sin and whose act of love on our behalf made us eligible to be adopted into the family. Family.
Simple instructions on right living – the recipe God has given us: If we do these things- we will keep the fire burning just where He wants it!
- Imitate God, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. :o)
- Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
- Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people.
- Don’t participate in Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord.
- So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
- Carefully determine what pleases the Lord. Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them. It is shameful even to talk about these things.
- So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise.
- Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.